Elizabeth Harrison provides legal advice on various matters including corporate finance; securities; mergers and acquisitions; corporate governance issues; establishment of commercial, “not for profit” corporations; corporate reorganizations; and general corporate advice to clients including board of directors and advice on incentive and employee stock compensation plans.
In 2009, Elizabeth was honoured at the inaugural Lexpert Zenith Awards Gala. The award recognizes her significant contribution to law and places her among Canada’s leading businesswomen lawyers. Also in 2009, Elizabeth was honoured at the 12th Annual PEAK Awards, Honouring Women in Finance, winning the Performance & Excellence Award. The PEAK Awards honour and celebrate women who have achieved excellence in the field of finance.
In 2003, Elizabeth served as Executive Director of the Wise Persons’ Committee to Review the Structure of Securities Regulations in Canada.
Elizabeth has received numerous acknowledgments from Lexpert magazine including being named among the Top 25 Women Lawyers in Canada (2003), the Top 30 Mergers and Acquisitions Lawyers in Canada (2002), and the Top 100 Most Creative Lawyers in Canada (2006). Today, Elizabeth continues to be consistently ranked among the leading lawyers in Canada, including the 2010 Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada; the 2012 Lexpert Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada; the 2012 Lexpert Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory; the 2011 Report on Business Highest Ranked Lawyers in M&A and Corporate Commercial; the 2012 Best Lawyers in Canada Guide; and she is ranked AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 by Martindale-Hubbell. In 1986, she was appointed Queen’s Counsel.
Elizabeth has served on the Board of Directors of the International Finance Centre, St. Paul’s Hospital Foundation, The Vancouver Opera, and Crofton House School. She was recently Chair of the Board of Directors of BC Ferries and was involved in drafting of the legislation that established the BC Ferry Authority and BC Ferry Services Inc. She is currently on the Board of Directors of the Forum for Women Entrepreneurs.
- Acquisition of Altona Mines Ltd. (Australia) by Copper Mountain Mining Corporation and listing on the Australian Stock Exchange
- Sale of Corix Water Products by Corix Group to Groupe Deschenes Inc.
- Acquisition of Space Systems Loral LLC by MacDonald Dettwiler and Associates Ltd.
- Public issue of Common Shares and Warrants by Copper Mountain Mining Corporation
- Rights Offering of Glacier Media Inc.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Queen’s Counsel (1986)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2019)
- Chambers Canada Ranked Lawyer (2018)
- Lexpert Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada (2017)
- Lexpert Leading Cross-Border Lawyers (2017)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5)
- Forum for Women Entreprenuers