Year Of Call
Karen specializes in the area of family law. Her family practice includes all matters relating to child parenting, property division, child and spousal support, and divorce, as well as the drafting of co-habitation agreements, marriage agreements, and separation agreements.
Karen has appeared as family counsel in cases before the Provincial Court, the Supreme Court of British Columbia, and the British Columbia Court of Appeal. Karen has participated with clients in mediation in resolving numerous matrimonial disputes ranging from the simple to the complex.
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory names Karen as among the leading family lawyers in British Columbia. Karen has received a “good to high” legal ability rating from Martindale-Hubbell, an authoritative and global source for identifying leading lawyers and law firms. She is also recognized in the Best Lawyers Directory. In addition, Karen participates in the mentor program through the Women Lawyers Forum.
- Negotiation and settlement of property division and support in a variety of situations including those ranging from basic family holdings to those involving family trusts, corporate holdings, and diverse investments and real property holdings and issues involving marriage agreements and other contracts.
- Negotiation and settlement of trust claims for property by non-married spouses, including same sex couples.
- Negotiation and settlement of child support issues in respect to minor and adult children.
- Litigation, including court appearances and trials of issues pertaining to child custody, access, and child and spousal support issues, property division and pension matters.
- Advising internationally on cases in the areas of mobility, parenting, property, and support, preparation and advising on the law of B.C., including for purposes of prenuptial, marriage and separation agreements for international clients or their counsel.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Family Law Subsection of the Vancouver and Canadian Bar Associations
- Member of the Trial Lawyers’ Association of British Columbia
- Member of the International Academy of Family Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2019)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell Ranking (CV)