Marylee is a Partner whose practice focuses on labour, employment, and human rights law. Marylee represents provincially and federally regulated employers both in the public and private sectors. She regularly appears as counsel before a variety of administrative tribunals, including the British Columbia Labour Relations Board, the Canada Industrial Relations Board, the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal, and federally and provincially constituted boards of arbitration. She also appears before the Supreme Court of British Columbia and the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Marylee has acted as counsel for Four Seasons Hotel, Great Canadian Gaming Corporation, Ivanhoe Cambridge I Inc., Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, Terrapure Environmental, Pinnacle Foods, University of British Columbia, Greater Vancouver Regional District, City of Vancouver, Vancouver Police Board, Delta Police Board, Abbotsford Police Board, Progress Energy, and a variety of employers in other industries, including education, retail, property management, hospitality, technology, forestry, and mining.
In addition to her practice, Marylee conducts training seminars for managers and human resource professionals on a wide variety of workplace issues. She has given presentations and authored and co-authored papers dealing with labour, employment, and human rights issues, including sexual harassment and discrimination; constructive dismissal; illness and disability in the workplace; the labour relations implications of starting a business in the province of British Columbia; and managing problem employees.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Past Member, Board of Directors – UBC Law Alumni Association – 2006 to 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell Ranking (BV)
- Past Member, Board of Directors – BC SPCA – 2008 to 2016
- Past President, Board of Directors – BC SPCA – 2012 to 2016
- Member, Board of Directors – Vancouver Humane Society – 2015 to present
- Member, Board of Directors – Fur Bearers – 2016 to Present
- President, Board of Directors – Vancouver Humane Society – 2017 to Present