Michael practises as general counsel and regularly appears in court on behalf of clients in corporate, commercial, and related litigation matters; personal injury, motor vehicle and other transportation (road and rail) accidents and insurance claims; bankruptcy and insolvency (personal and commercial), debt collections, realization of personal and real property. Michael frequently appears before the Provincial Court, Supreme Court of British Columbia, BC Court of Appeal, Federal Court of Canada and Federal Court of Appeal, the Workers Compensation Appeal Tribunal and other administrative tribunals.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, the American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Member of the the Canadian Transportation Lawyers Association, Transportation Lawyers Association and The National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel
- Formerly an executive member of the Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell ranking (BV)