Year Of Call
Hector has over 30 years of practice experience providing legal advice to high growth public and private companies, many of which achieving valuations exceeding $billion over a broad range of industry sectors, including technology, life sciences, health and new media, mining, and clean energy advising on corporate domestic and cross-border public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions and international partnering and licensing transactions, and boards of directors and independent board committees on corporate governance matters.
Hector is recognized by Lexpert, the most respected legal publication in Canada, as being among the Top 100 Canada/US Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada. He has consistently been named among The Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada, and is recognized among Canada’s leading lawyers in mergers & acquisitions, technology and biotechnology and as a leading lawyer nationally by Chambers Canada with in the Life Sciences category.
Hector received the Queen’s Counsel designation upon recommendation by the Attorney General of British Columbia for exceptional merit and contribution to the legal profession and has received the “AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5” legal ability rating from Martindale-Hubbell, an authoritative and global source for identifying leading lawyers and law firms.
- Canadian Counsel to Arbutus Biopharma Corporation and the Arbutus Special Committee with respect to closing of a US$116 million Strategic Investment from Roivant Sciences.
- Canadian Counsel to Arbutus Biopharma Corporation in a US$50 million At-the Market equity program.
- Counsel to the Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Pacific Insight Electronics Inc. in its sale to Methode Electronics.
- Counsel to Choom Holdings Inc. in connection with Aurora Cannabis’ non-brokered private placement of a debenture in the principal amount of C$20 million.
- Counsel to InMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. in the closing of a C$14.95 million bought deal financing including full exercise of Underwriters’ over allotment option.
- Counsel to Choom Holdings Inc. in a C$10.1 million non-brokered private placement with Aurora Cannabis.
- Canadian Counsel to Arbutus Biopharma Corporation and the Arbutus Special Committee in launching Genevant Sciences with industry-leading platform to develop a broad range of RNA Therapeutics for genetic diseases.
- Counsel to InMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. in its C$5.8 million public offering.
- Counsel to Copper Fox Metals Inc. in numerous private placement equity financings and its flow through equity investment in District Copper Corp.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian, American and International Bar Associations
- Queen’s Counsel (2003)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2019)
- Chambers Canada Ranked Lawyer (2018)
- Lexpert Leading Cross-Border Lawyers (2017)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5)
- Director BC Tech
- Past Director Tennis Canada
- Past Director LifeSciences British Columbia
- Past Director and Corporate Secretary BC Leading Edge Endowment Fund
- Past Chair BC Innovation Counsel
- Past Director Genome British Columbia
- Past Chair and Director United Way of the Lower Mainland
- Past President Red Cross Vancouver