Ryan maintains a diverse practice advising clients on a variety of immigration matters. Ryan regularly advises companies wishing to bring foreign nationals into Canada on work permits and other related applications. In addition to advising existing Canadian companies, he has considerable experience working with foreign companies setting up operations in Canada and advising on all aspects associated with same, from the arrival of the initial start up team to the long term employment of foreign workers and their transition to permanent residents and Canadian citizens. Ryan is keenly interested in assisting companies to address their labour shortages through the use of skilled foreign workers. Ryan is knowledgeable in, and has year of experience working with, all provincial and federal immigration programs to assist companies wishing to avail themselves of the growing market for skilled foreign workers.
Ryan also advises individuals seeking Permanent Residence Status in Canada and Canadian Citizenship.
Ryan has considerable working experience with the following:
- Applications to the Provincial Nominee Programs;
- Applications for Permanent Residence (Express Entry, Business Class, Family Class, and Skilled Worker Class);
- Applications for Labour Market Impact Assessments;
- Work Permit Applications under NAFTA and other International Agreements;
- Citizenship Applications;
- Applications to overcome inadmissibility on the basis of criminality;
- Assisting otherwise inadmissible applicants obtain entry to Canada by way of Temporary Resident Permit; and
- Assisting clients to enter Canada as Business Visitors.
Ryan takes a holistic view to the advice he provides. Understanding that immigration advice is often closely intertwined with other areas of the law, Ryan provides an integrated solution by working in tandem with Farris lawyers in our Labour & Employment, Tax, Corporate & Commercial and/or Family groups.
Ryan served as a member of the Executive committee of the British Columbia Immigration section of the Canadian Bar Association in the role of Legislative Liaison from 2014-2019 and has presented regularly as an expert at Continuing Legal Education and Canadian Bar Association conferences and various industry events.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2019)