Sally is an experienced adviser on all aspects of the transfer and protection of wealth, including estate planning, planning for mental incapacity and business succession planning. Her practice includes trusts, wills, corporate reorganisations, powers of attorney, marriage contracts, shareholders’ agreements and structured charitable donations. Before focussing on this area, she practised as a business lawyer for many years and was general counsel at a major public company.
Working collaboratively with clients’ tax and financial advisors and drawing on the expertise of other lawyers of the firm on tax, real estate and litigation matters, she creates and implements comprehensive solutions for individual or business succession needs. Her clients include individuals of all ages, and family and other private businesses, large and small.
Sally is consulted by trustees and beneficiaries on their rights and duties in respect of trusts and estates and advises on related disputes. She provides advice on strategies that expedite the administration of estates and minimise probate fees and transfer taxes. She also provides trustee advisory services (to trustees, executors, pension trustees and other fiduciaries) and advice on the administration of estates.
Sally is a contributing writer of the BC Estate Planning and Wealth Preservation Practice Manual (CLEBC) and a regular presenter on topics relating to estate planning and business succession.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Deputy Chair of the Vancouver branch of STEP Canada
- Member of the Estate Planning Council (Vancouver)
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Best Lawyers in Canada (2019)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2018)
- Director of the CKNW Kids’ Fund
- Director of Rugby Canada, the national governing body for the sport of rugby in Canada
- Member of Planned Giving Advisory Committee, Lions Gate Hospital Foundation