Year Of Call
Allan is a business lawyer and advises owners, directors, and executives of companies (both public and private) across a variety of industries. His primary areas of legal practice are corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions (domestic and cross-border), corporate finance (debt and equity), and securities compliance.
Allan obtained his commerce and law degrees at Queen’s University, where he played and coached rugby and managed the Queen’s Business Law Clinic.
In the community, Allan is President of the Vancouver Branch of the Queen’s University Alumni Association, and fosters the school’s collegiality and community service here in Vancouver through a variety of programs and events. As well, Allan serves as Director and Treasurer of the Old Boys Association of St. George’s School, supporting the school and the connections among his fellow graduates. Allan also regularly speaks at technology accelerator programs in Vancouver on the legal aspects of building and scaling emerging growth ventures.
Prior to joining Farris, Allan practiced in the Vancouver office of a national law firm.
- Corporate matters including shareholder agreements, stock option plans, share structures, corporate charters, employment and consulting agreements, legal opinions, etc.
- Debt and equity financings for mining, technology, and life sciences companies.
- Mergers and acquisitions in a variety of industries.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Candian Bar Association
- Member of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Director, St. George’s Old Boys Association
- President, Queen’s University Alumni Vancouver Branch