Anna’s practice bridges estates and family law and she has a particular interest in how these areas of law intersect.
Anna’s experience covers a broad spectrum:
- estate litigation – including wills variation, committeeship applications, removal of personal representatives
- estate administration – including applications for estate grants and passing of accounts
- estate planning
- family law – including property division claims, support disputes, family law claims against estates, capacity to separate, and preparation of property agreements.
Anna is a sought-after contributor to continuing legal education seminars in both her areas of practice and is a contributing author to the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC’s Family Law Sourcebook and British Columbia Probate & Estate Administration Practice Manual.
Anna was admitted to UBC law after three years of undergraduate studies, graduated in 1987 and was called to the British Columbia Bar in 1988. Anna joined Farris after 16 years at a local Vancouver firm and another 12 years at a national law firm.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association, Family Law, Vancouver Section and Wills & Trusts, Vancouver Section
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2019)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2018)
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” (Family Law, 2018)
- Martindale-Hubbell Ranking (BV Distinguished)