Brad is a business lawyer who specializes in advising corporations, private equity firms, professional managers and entrepreneurs on a variety of business transactions and situations, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, financings, strategic alliances, leveraged buyouts, and shareholder relations. In this role, Brad has dealt with legal matters and legal counsel around the globe.
On an ongoing basis, Brad provides legal advice to owners, managers and directors with respect to banking relationships, fiduciary obligations, corporate governance, employee compensation and intellectual property protection, as well as other business issues. Brad specialized in accounting and finance at the University of British Columbia and brings a practical, business minded approach to his practice.
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory has consistently named Brad among the leading corporate commercial lawyers in British Columbia. In 2018, Brad was named one of the Lexpert Zenith award winners. He has been recognized for his achievements in the area of Mergers & Acquisitions. In 2017, Brad was recognized by Chambers Canada as a leading lawyer in the areas of Corporate/Commercial Law in British Columbia. In 2015 and 2019, Brad was named Lawyer of the Year in Vancouver by Best Lawyers International in the area of Corporate Governance.
Brad is a former director of the Vancouver Chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) and a past campaign chair of the United Way of the Fraser Valley. Brad currently sits on the finance committee of the Vancouver Lawn and Tennis Club.
Brad is a founding member of Farris’ Private Enterprise Group and actively involved in the firm’s articling student and associate programs. Brad is a guest lecturer on corporate law at the Law Society of British Columbia’s Professional Legal Training Course and frequent speaker on topics related to mergers and acquisitions.
- Sale of Canadian and International rights to Mike’s Hard Lemonade to Anheuser-Busch InBev.
- Acquisition of trade marks and royalty stream by Diversified Royalty Corp. from Mr. Lube Canada.
- Sale of Ethical Bean Coffee to Kraft Heinz Canada
- Acquisition of Cedar Creek Estate Winery by von Mandl Family Estates
- Sale of Smithrite Disposal to GFL Canada.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Association for Corporate Growth
- Member of the American Bar Association, Mergers and Acquisitions Subcommittee
- Best Lawyers in Canada (2020)
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” (Corporate Governance Practice, 2019)
- Chambers Canada Ranked Lawyer (2020)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2019)
- Lexpert Zenith Award (2018)
- Lexpert Leading Cross-Border Lawyers (2016)
- Lexpert/Report on Business Special Edition on Canada’s Leading Corporate Lawyers (2016)