Mark is a solicitor in the firm’s Corporate Commercial group. He practices in a wide range of areas including corporate commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate finance. Mark has experience dealing with both private and public companies.
Mark joins Farris after articling with an international law firm in Vancouver. He obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Victoria. Prior to law school, Mark completed his Bachelor of Science in Business Management and Marketing in Philadelphia. While in Philadelphia, Mark helped build the inaugural Division II Men’s Lacrosse program.
In his spare time, Mark enjoys golfing, mountain biking and skiing.
- Acted for the vendors in connection with the sale of Silver Star Ski Resorts to an US purchaser, Powder Corporation, for an undisclosed amount.
- Acted for Diversified Royalty Corp. in connection with its acquisition of trademarks of Nurse Next Door Professional Homecare Services Inc. for $75 million.
- Acted for Apteryx Imaging Inc. in connection with its $39 million acquisition by an US purchaser, Planet DDS.
- Acted for Unisync Corp. in connection with its acquisition of Utility Garments Inc. for $23 million and concurrent subscription receipt financing and bank financing.
- Acted for the purchaser of a cloud based hotel property management system for an undisclosed amount.
- Acted for various companies in connection with their preferred share financings, private placements and bank financings.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Vancouver Bar Association