Rebecca is a tax lawyer and a member of the Private Enterprise Group at Farris. Her practice involves all aspects of income tax law including corporate and personal tax planning and tax disputes, with a focus on tax planning for individuals and privately-held companies. Rebecca frequently assists clients with tax planning and structuring for family businesses, trust planning, and implementing tax-driven reorganizations. Rebecca also regularly represents clients in tax audits and other CRA disputes, and works with non-profit entities and registered charities in navigating the tax implications of non-profit and registered charitable status.
Prior to joining Farris, Rebecca completed a clerkship at the Tax Court of Canada in Ottawa after articling at a full-service firm in Vancouver. Rebecca has completed the CPA Canada In Depth Tax Course and avidly studies new developments in Canadian income tax law.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Association of Women in Finance – Fireside Chats Committee Member
- Mulgrave School Alumni Advisory Board – Board Secretary & Professional Events Coordinator
- Canadian Association of Gift Planners – Leave a Legacy Committee Member