Rebecca M. Morse *
Key Practice Area
Advocacy & Litigation
Year of Call
*A LAW CORPORATION
British Columbia Bar (2002)
Qualified as a Solicitor in England and Wales (2003) (Currently Non-Practicing)
University of Western Ontario (LL.B., 2001)
Mount Allison University (B.Comm., with distinction and first class honours, 1998)
Rebecca has a broad range of experience in civil litigation matters including contractual disputes, construction disputes, insolvency and restructuring matters, estate and trust disputes and international trade matters. She is recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada for corporate & commercial litigation, trusts and estates, and insolvency & financial restructuring law. She is also recognized by Benchmark Litigation Canada as a Top 100 Women in Canada and as a Litigation Star.
She has experience in conducting trials, appeals, mediations, arbitrations and administrative hearings, and Rebecca has acted for a variety of corporations (both publicly listed and privately held), individuals, and financial institutions. She has appeared before the British Columbia Supreme Court, the British Columbia Court of Appeal, and the Canadian International Trade Tribunal. Rebecca has also represented clients in matters before the High Court of Justice of England and Wales.
Rebecca is a member of the Private Enterprise Advisory Services team at Farris which is focused on mid-market privately owned businesses. It is a multi-disciplinary practice group formed to better deliver the specific legal services that these businesses need. The Farris team works closely together to provide comprehensive advice to private clients and their companies, and Rebecca’s contribution is typically focused on providing advice on litigation matters as well as family estate and trust disputes.
- Rebecca has represented both owners and contractors in complex construction disputes for residential, industrial and infrastructure projects. She is involved at various stages in construction matters and as early as when the parties are negotiating a contract through to settlement discussions and litigation if a dispute arises.
- Rebecca has represented executors, beneficiaries and trustees in a variety of family trust and estate matters. She is often asked to advise on matters relating to trusts, validity of wills, variation of a will, and the removal of an executors or trustees when their conduct has been called into question.
- Rebecca advises corporations facing liquidity issues as well as suppliers and creditors who are concerned about the financial viability of their customers and clients. She has represented clients in a variety of circumstances and guided them through both restructuring and liquidations processes.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Member of Women in Infrastructure
- Diversity Officer, The Justicia Project
- Lawyer Referral Service
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2023)
- Benchmark Canada Top 100 Women in Litigation (2022)
- Benchmark Canada Litigation Star (2022)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Board Member of the Lynn Valley Services Society