Samantha is a solicitor whose practice focuses on corporate/business and commercial law, real estate and wills and estates. Samantha joined Farris as a summer student in 2015, and completed her articles with the firm.
Samantha completed her Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Political Science at the University of British Columbia in 2013, and wrote and defended her honours thesis on the intersection of climate change and immigration law. Samantha obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta in 2016, graduating with distinction. In law school, Samantha sat on the Editorial Board for the Alberta Law Review, led the dance production of the annual Law Show Musical and worked as a research assistant conducting research on Canada-EU trade relations.
Having grown up in the Okanagan playing junior golf and downhill ski racing, Samantha can be found at the golf course, at the local ski hills or wine tasting at the many Okanagan wineries in her free time.
- Advising and preparing commercial contracts, including share purchase and asset purchase agreements and shareholders’ agreements, as well as commercial lending and finance agreements
- Advising and preparing Wills, power of attorneys, representation agreements and trusts
- Advising executors and guiding them through the probate process
- Purchase, sale and refinancing of residential and commercial real estate
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Kelowna Bar Association
- Ballet Kelowna
- UBCO- Student Services