Join our story.
The confidence that comes from a history of excellence means that our lawyers challenge themselves at every level. We embrace diversity and reward performance. We have a rich perspective to help you succeed.
WE RELY ON AN EXCEPTIONAL TEAM OF PEOPLE TO DELIVER THE CRITICAL SUPPORT NECESSARY TO ENSURE SERVICE EXCELLENCE
We recruit talented individuals from a broad range of backgrounds, providing the expertise to support our practice teams as legal administrative assistants and paralegals, as well as in the areas of accounting, information technology, human resources, library services, marketing, office services, and word processing.
Farris seeks a talented lawyer to support our busy solicitors’ practice. The ideal candidate will have a background in general corporate/commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, securities and corporate finance.
Please submit your application, including cover letter, resume and academic transcripts to Sharan Sangha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for all aspects of managing client and file information, including establishing and maintaining organizational systems to manage paper-flow; client contact; drafting and filing documents; and billing and administrative tasks.
- Prepare correspondence, documents, faxes etc. using digital dictation, email instructions, and copy typing.
- Draft standard letters, documents, pleadings and document briefs.
- Set trials, discoveries, etc. and prepare required documentation.
- Liaise with the Supreme Court Registry, other government agencies, and other professional offices.
- Liaise with clients and potential clients.
- File preparation and management.
- Billings and client collections.
- Maintain BF system to ensure follow up and receipt of requested materials/documents.
- Other general and administrative tasks as required.
- Three to five years’ experience, ideally in estates and/or family law.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, and DivorceMate applications.
- Exceptional organizational skills; the ability to function well under pressure; handle a high volume, fast pace and multiple assignments without sacrificing quality or attention to detail.
- Meticulously detail oriented – excellent spelling, grammar and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate in a professional, mature and courteous manner.
- Professional deportment and presence.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime.
- Keyboarding of 55-60 wpm.
- Familiarity with Supreme Court Rules, Family Law Act, Rules, and Court Forms considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have completed an accredited Legal Administrative Assistant program.
Please forward resumes to Human Resources or e-mail: email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Farris; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.