Allison is a member of Farris’ litigation group, and primarily practices in the area of labour and employment law, as well as maintaining an administrative and civil litigation practice. She has appeared in the British Columbia Supreme Court and Court of Appeal, the British Columbia Labour Relations Board, and the Canada Industrial Relations Board.
Allison’s employment and labour practice involves a range of workplace matters including human rights, privacy, occupational health and safety, wrongful dismissals, and labour arbitration. She has a particular interest in appellate advocacy.
Prior to joining Farris, Allison clerked for Justice Michael Moldaver of the Supreme Court of Canada (2015-2016). Allison obtained her BCL/LLB from McGill University in 2015, graduating as the gold medallist.
She was called to the British Columbia and Ontario bars in 2016. Allison is fluent in French.
- Allison successfully defended a decision of the BC Human Rights Tribunal on judicial review. The BC Court of Appeal upheld the Tribunal’s preliminary dismissal of a human rights complaint on the basis that it had no reasonable prospect of success. Allison appeared as lead counsel for the University of British Columbia in the Court of Appeal and BC Supreme Court: Conklin v. University of British Columbia, 2022 BCCA 333.
- Allison successfully defended a decision of the Agricultural Land Commission on judicial review. The BC Supreme Court upheld the Commission’s denial of the petitioner’s application to subdivide a property in the Agricultural Land Reserve: Whitehead v British Columbia (Agricultural Land Commission), 2021 BCSC 31.
- Together with Donald L. Richards, Allison successfully challenged a labour arbitration award on judicial review. The BC Court of Appeal set aside the arbitrator’s reinstatement of the grievor and remitted the matter to arbitration: Telus Communications Inc. v. Telecommunications Workers Union, 2018 BCCA 331.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- The “Ones to Watch” Best Lawyers in Canada for 2024
- Co-coach, UBC Allard School of Law Wilson Moot Team (2022-2023)
- Advisory Board Member, Association for the Protection of Fur-Bearing Animals (2018-Present)