Brian is a strategic advisor for his clients. He focuses on facilitating opportunities and solving problems on their behalf by combining his legal experience, business background and negotiation skills with diligence and common sense.
He has extensive experience in assisting both public and private clients, with a special emphasis on established/emerging entrepreneurs.
Brian works closely with his clients in Western Canada and beyond in a variety of matters, including acquiring and selling businesses, coordinating initial public offerings and other financings, establishing real estate investment trusts (REITs), facilitating regulatory approvals and reorganizations and resolving shareholder and other disputes. His clients operate in many key industries including infrastructure, real estate, energy, mining, manufacturing, securities, automotive and liquor. Brian also works closely with First Nations to negotiate commercial business arrangements with project proponents and on governance matters.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Washington State Bar Association
- Member of the Law Society of Alberta
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2020)
- Lexpert Leading Infrastructure Lawyers (2020)