Daniel is a business lawyer in the firm’s corporate group. He has extensive experience providing practical and strategic advice to companies over a wide variety of industries and at various stages of growth, including to mature enterprises, high-growth venture issuers and entrepreneurial start-ups.
Daniel’s transactional experience includes cross-border mergers and acquisitions, go-public transactions, debt and equity financings and corporate commercial matters. He also regularly advises public-issuers on all matters related to continuous and periodic disclosure obligations.
Prior to joining Farris LLP, Daniel articled and practiced at a full-service law firm in Toronto and worked as in-house counsel for a TSX-listed company.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- MediPharm Labs Inc., a Canadian and Australian licensed manufacturer of pharmaceutical quality derivative cannabis products, on a $22.3 million private placement, reverse takeover of POCML 4 Inc. and listing on the TSXV under the symbol “LABS”.
- Trevali Mining Corporation (TSX:TV) in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of zinc assets, including an 80% interest in the Rosh Pinah mine in Namibia and a 90% interest in the Perkoa mine in Burkina Faso, for an aggregate purchase price of US$418 million.
- The special committee of Mettrum Health Corp. (TSXV:MT) in connection with the acquisition of Mettrum by Canopy Growth Corporation for a total transaction value of approximately $430 million.
- Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust (TSX:AP), a leading owner, manager and developer of urban office environments operating in Canada’s major cities, on various matters including its completion of equity and debenture offerings valued at over $1 billion.
- The special committee of Booth Centennial Healthcare Linen Services, a not-for-profit linen and laundry service provider owned by 22 member hospitals and healthcare institutions, in connection with the sale of its assets to Ecotex Service Corporation and Fengate Capital Management.