Daniel provides practical and strategic solutions to clients as they navigate legal and regulatory issues and opportunities. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, restructurings, corporate governance and a wide-range of commercial transactions. He also regularly advises public companies on all matters related to continuous and periodic disclosure.
Prior to joining Farris LLP, Daniel articled and practiced at a full-service law firm in Toronto and worked as in-house counsel for a TSX-listed company with operations in Canada and Australia.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Mosaic Capital Corporation (TSXV:M) in connection with the sale of all its common shares and convertible debentures to an entity controlled by Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited and MCC Holdings Ltd. in an all-cash transaction valued at $277 million.
- NexGen Energy Ltd. (TSX:NXE; NYSE:NXE) in connection with a $173 million MJDS bought deal offering of common shares.
- MediPharm Labs Inc., a Canadian and Australian licensed manufacturer of pharmaceutical quality derivative cannabis products, on a $22.3 million private placement, reverse takeover of POCML 4 Inc. and listing on the TSXV under the symbol “LABS”.
- Trevali Mining Corporation (TSX:TV) in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of zinc assets, including an 80% interest in the Rosh Pinah mine in Namibia and a 90% interest in the Perkoa mine in Burkina Faso, for an aggregate purchase price of US$418 million.
- The special committee of Mettrum Health Corp. (TSXV:MT) in connection with the acquisition of Mettrum by Canopy Growth Corporation for a total transaction value of approximately $430 million.
- Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust (TSX:AP), a leading owner, manager and developer of urban office environments operating in Canada’s major cities, on various matters including its completion of equity and debenture offerings valued at over $1 billion.
- The special committee of Booth Centennial Healthcare Linen Services, a not-for-profit linen and laundry service provider owned by 22 member hospitals and healthcare institutions, in connection with the sale of its assets to Ecotex Service Corporation and Fengate Capital Management.