Dean O’Leary’s practice has encompassed a wide variety of matters that include corporate reorganizations; corporate financings; business acquisitions and divestitures, including share and asset purchase transactions; property rezoning; expropriations and advising on the drafting of legislation to effect transactions.
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory names Dean as among the leading corporate commercial lawyers in British Columbia. Dean has received a “high to very high” legal ability rating from Martindale-Hubbell, an authoritative and global source for identifying leading lawyers and law firms.
- Advised owner groups in connection with the development of two of BC’s largest wind farms.
- Advised a major public utility in BC in connection with the negotiation of a suite of power purchase and energy export related agreements.
- Participated in advising the Province of BC in connection with its proposed public-private partnership for the Pattullo Bridge replacement project.
- Advised a major university in BC in connection with its establishment of a neighbourhood district energy system serving areas of the university’s campus.
- Advised in connection with purchase and sale transactions in a wide variety of industries, including telecommunications, regulated electrical utilities, robotics, shipping and sound recording.
- Member fo the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Member of the British Columbia Expropriation Association
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2020)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell Ranking (BV)