Dean O’Leary’s practice has encompassed a wide variety of matters that include corporate reorganizations; corporate financings; business acquisitions and divestitures, including share and asset purchase transactions; property rezoning; expropriations and advising on the drafting of legislation to effect transactions.
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory names Dean as among the leading corporate commercial lawyers in British Columbia. Dean has also been recognized in the Best Lawyers in Canada Directory since 2020 in the area of Energy Law, and was named in Lexpert’s 2019 rankings of “Canada’s Leading Infastructure Lawyers” and “Canada’s Leading Energy Lawyers.” Dean has received a “high to very high” legal ability rating from Martindale-Hubbell, an authoritative and global source for identifying leading lawyers and law firms.
- Advising a US-based venture capital owner in connection with the negotiation of an Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contract for the development of a yellow pea processing facility in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.
- Advising the Province of British Columbia in connection with its Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project, Highway 91/17 Upgrade Project and Kicking Horse Canyon Project- Phase 4.
- Advised owner groups in connection with the development of two of BC’s largest wind farms.
- Advised a major public utility in BC in connection with the negotiation of a suite of power purchase and energy export related agreements.
- Advised a major university in BC in connection with its establishment of a neighbourhood district energy system serving areas of the university’s campus.
- Advised in connection with purchase and sale transactions in a wide variety of industries, including telecommunications, regulated electrical utilities, robotics, shipping and sound recording.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Member of the British Columbia Expropriation Association
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2024)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2020)
- Lexpert Leading Infrastructure Lawyers (2019)
- Lexpert Leading Energy Lawyers (2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell Ranking (BV)