Advising both public and private companies, Denise has experience in a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions including mergers and acquisitions, plans of arrangements and other corporate reorganizations and debt and equity financings.
Her practice also focuses on advising issuers with respect to securities reporting, compliance and disclosure obligations and general corporate matters. In addition, Denise advises clients on mining and oil & gas title matters and project permitting issues.
- Copper Mountain Mining Corporation in connection with its US$250 million Norwegian bond offering.
- Albertsons Companies, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of a BC-based private meal-planning app for US$25 million.
- Intrahealth Systems Limited in connection with its $20 million acquisition by WELL Health Technologies Corp.
- PolyMet Mining Corp. in connection with its US$265 million rights offering.
- Road 13 Winery on its sale to the Mark Anthony Group.
- Avigilon Corporation in connection with its $1.2 billion acquisition by Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Copper Mountain Mining Corporation in completing its acquisition of Altona Mining Limited and subsequent listing on the Australian Stock Exchange
- Laughing Stock Vineyards in connection with its acquisition by Arterra Wines Canada, Inc.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Independent Director and Chair of the Governance Committee for E-Comm 911, Emergency Communications for British Columbia Incorporated, the multi-municipality agency providing emergency communication operations for British Columbia
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2022)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Finance and M&A Lawyers (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Technology Lawyers (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Global Mining Sector Lawyers (2020)
- Lexpert Leading Energy Lawyers (2020)
- Serves on the Board of Directors and Chairs the Audit Committee for Experiences Canada, a national charitable organization that provides educational exchanges for Canadian youth.