Advising both public and private companies, Denise has experience in a broad range of domestic and cross-border transactions including mergers and acquisitions, plans of arrangements and other corporate reorganizations and debt and equity financings.
Her practice also focuses on advising issuers with respect to securities reporting, compliance and disclosure obligations and general corporate matters. In addition, Denise advises clients on mining and oil & gas title matters and project permitting issues.
Before joining Farris, Denise practised with a national firm in Calgary. Prior to her career in law, Denise worked in the energy industry for a TSX/NYSE-listed oil and gas company, a major Alberta-based utilities company and with the National Energy Board.
- PolyMet Mining Corp. in connection with its US$265 million rights offering.
- Road 13 Winery on its sale to the Mark Anthony Group.
- Avigilon Corporation in connection with its $1.2 billion acquisition by Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Copper Mountain Mining Corporation in completing its acquisition of Altona Mining Limited and subsequent listing on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- Laughing Stock Vineyards in connection with its acquisition by Arterra Wines Canada, Inc.
- Pacific Bioenergy Corporation in connection with the strategic investment by Sumitomo Corporation.
- PolyMet Mining Corporation in completing various financing arrangements with Glencore AG.
- Intrexon Corporation in acquiring Okanagan Specialty Fruits.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Independent Director and Chair of the Governance Committee for E-Comm 911, Emergency Communications for British Columbia Incorporated, the multi-munipality agency providing emergency communication operations for British Columbia
- Co-Chair of the American Bar Association (Business Law Section) Spring Meeting 2019 and actively involved in the preparation of the Canadian Public Target Deal Point Studies
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Finance and M&A Lawyers (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Technology Lawyers (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Global Mining Sector Lawyers (2020)
- Lexpert Leading Energy Lawyers (2019)
- Serves on the Board of Directors and Chairs the Audit Committee for Experiences Canada, a national charitable organization that provides educational exchanges for Canadian youth.