Jeff is a business lawyer focusing on private and public mergers and acquisitions, general corporate commercial matters, securities and certain capital markets transactions. He is known for providing pragmatic advice to businesses in a wide variety of transactions including share and asset purchase transactions, debt and equity financings, partnerships, corporate governance and other structuring matters and other complex corporate matters. In his transactional practice, he regularly represents both buyers and sellers in private and public asset and share transactions. He regularly advises companies at various stages of growth and spanning a wide range of industries including in the technology, private equity, manufacturing and natural resource sectors.
Jeff joined Farris as a summer student in 2016. He subsequently completed his articles and joined the firm as an associate in 2018.
- Member of the Association for Corporate Growth, BC Chapter
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- The “Ones to Watch” Best Lawyers in Canada for 2024
- Intrahealth Systems Limited in connection with its sale to WELL Health Technologies Corp.
- Apri Insurance in connection with its sale to People Corporation.
- Diversified Royalty Corp. in its acquisition of trademarks and royalty stream from Aimia Inc.
- Arbutus Biopharma Corporation in its strategic financing with Roivant Sciences Ltd.
- Online furniture company in a sale to private equity fund.
- Stonemark Investments in its purchase of Buckerfield’s.
- Real estate developer in its purchase, re-finance and joint development of Vancouver-based real property.
- Intrinsyc Technologies in its sale to Lantronix Inc.
- Various purchasers and vendors in private and public asset and share transactions.
- Universal Restoration Systems in its sale to private equity-backed Canstar Restorations.