Jeff is the Managing Partner of the firm, and practises primarily in the fields of family law and commercial litigation. He has appeared as counsel in family law cases before the British Columbia Court of Appeal, the Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia, and numerous arbitration hearings. His family practice primarily focuses on complex asset division, trusts & maintenance issues as well as the drafting of asset protection agreements.
Jeff represents JTI-Macdonald Inc. and R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. in litigation against Provincial Government’s in Canada, whereby he is one of counsel defending a claim brought pursuant to the Tobacco Damages and Health Care Costs Recovery Act.
Jeff is ranked by Lexpert as a leading lawyer in Matrimonial/ Family Law, ranked by Best Lawyers among the leading lawyers in Canada for Family Law, listed in The Legal Media Group’s guide to the World’s Leading Product Liability Lawyers, and has been chosen as one of the Who’s Who of Product Liability Defence Lawyers. Jeff is also listed by Benchmark Canada as a “Litigation Star”. This list recognizes individuals who are consistently recommended as reputable and effective by both clients and peers. Jeff has received an “AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5” legal ability rating from Martindale-Hubbell, an authoritative and global source for identifying leading lawyers and law firms.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Benchmark Canada Litigation Star (2021)
- Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys (2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell (AV Preeminent 5.0 out of 5)
- “Lawyer of the Year” for Family Law
- Queen’s Counsel (2004)