Megan is as solicitor in Farris’ Corporate Commercial group. She practices in a wide range of areas including corporate commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, securities, corporate finance, and real estate. Megan has experience dealing with both private and public companies. In particular, Megan specializes in the purchase and sale of wineries and advising clients in the BC wine industry on transactions and regulatory matters. She also advises clients in the forestry industry; and works closely with First Nations to negotiate commercial business arrangements and on governance matters.
Megan obtained her Juris Doctor at the University of British Columbia and was called to the British Columbia Bar in 2018. Prior to attending law school, Megan obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Hotel Administration from Cornell University.
Megan joined Farris as a summer articled student in 2016. She subsequently completed her articles with Farris and became an associate in 2018.
- Acquisition of Dillon’s Small Batch Distillers on behalf of client Mark Anthony Group Inc.
- Counsel to Pure Multi-Family REIT in completing $1.2 billion sale to Cortland Partners, LLC
- Counsel to Avigilon Corporation in its $1.2 billion sale to Motorola Solutions
- Various wine industry transactions and representations including the sales of Laughing Stock, Road 13, Wild Goose, Stoneboat and JoieFarm wineries; and the acquisition of Unsworth Vineyards
- Counsel to WEQ Holdings Inc. (formerly WesternOne Inc.) in the sale of its equipment rentals and heat business to United Rentals of Canada, Inc. for $120 million
- Sale of Ethical Bean Coffee to Kraft Heinz Canada
- Counsel to private entities on various asset and share acquisitions
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia