Mike is a corporate lawyer and has advised clients on a variety of business transactions and situations including financings (debt and equity), mergers and acquisitions, reverse takeovers, corporate restructurings and reorganizations, securities compliance and corporate governance.
Outside of the office, Mike speaks at universities and technology accelerator programs in Vancouver and Victoria on various aspects of corporate law. He is also on the executive of the Securities Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association, British Columbia Branch.
- Counsel to FortisBC Energy Inc. for its issuance of $200 million of medium term note debentures
- Counsel to WesternOne Inc. for the sale of its business to United Rentals of Canada, Inc.
- Counsel to a Canadian publicly listed company for its issuance of $20 million convertible debentures.
- Counsel to Unisync Corp. for its offering of subscription receipts in connection with its acquisition of Utility Garments Inc.
- Counsel to FortisBC Energy Inc. for its issuance of $175 million of medium term note debentures.
- Counsel to a Canadian publicly listed company for its issuance of $115 million equity securities.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the CBABC Securities Section