Nikki specializes exclusively in the area of family law. Her practice includes all matters affecting families in British Columbia such as separation, divorce, property division, common law trusts, spousal support, child support, guardianship, residency, and parenting time. Nikki has extensive experience drafting complex cohabitation, marriage, and separation agreements, and has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia. As a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Nikki provides services from either a collaborative or litigation approach depending on the individual needs of her clients.
Nikki was educated at the University of Victoria where she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree, with distinction. She studied law at the University of British Columbia Law School and was called to the B.C. Bar in 2004. She received her certification as a Family Law Mediator in 2007 and her certification as a Collaborative Family Law Lawyer in 2008. Nikki is an experienced Parenting Coordinator and member of the BC Parenting Coordination Roster Society.
Nikki is a contributor to continuing education seminars for other lawyers, and presents regularly at conferences on various complex issues affecting couples going through separation and divorce within British Columbia. She recently co-chaired the 11th Biennial Family Law Conference and will be co-chairing and presenting on Hot Topics in Family Law Part II: Good Lawyering for Bad Parenting.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Board of Directors and a member of the BC Collaborative Roster Society
- Member of Collaborative Divorce Vancouver Practice Group, North Shore Collaborative and Dispute Resolution Practice Group, International Association of Collaborative Practitioners
- Member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2018)
- Lexpert ‘Litigation Lawyer to Watch’ (2016)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyer Under 40 (2015)
- Lexpert Rising Stars Winner (2015)