Nikki specializes exclusively in the area of family law. Her practice includes all matters affecting families in British Columbia such as separation, divorce, property division, common law trusts, corporate restructuring, spousal support, child support, guardianship, residency, and parenting time. Nikki has extensive experience drafting complex cohabitation, marriage, and separation agreements, and has appeared before all levels of court in British Columbia. She also has extensive experience as counsel in mediations and arbitrations. As a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Nikki provides services from either a collaborative or litigation approach depending on the individual needs of her clients.
Nikki is an elected Bencher of the Law Society of British Columbia, representing Vancouver County. She was educated at the University of Victoria and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree, with distinction. Nikki studied law at the University of British Columbia Law School and was called to the B.C. Bar in 2004. She received her certification as a Family Law Mediator in 2007 and her certification as a Collaborative Family Law Lawyer in 2008. Nikki is an experienced Parenting Coordinator and member of the BC Parenting Coordination Roster Society. She has also been appointed by the Courts and members of the Family Law Bar to prepare “Hear the Child” reports.
Nikki is a contributor to continuing education seminars for other lawyers, and presents regularly at conferences on various complex issues affecting couples going through separation and divorce within British Columbia. She recently co-chaired the 12th Biennial Family Law Conference in Vancouver, and has been chosen to present at the 2024 National Family Conference in Halifax, NS.
When not working, you can find Nikki playing her heart out on the tennis court, or managing the expectations of her two teenage daughters, Ellie and Kate.
- Current Bencher Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Member of the BC Parenting Coordination Roster Society
- Member of the Hear the Child Society
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of Collaborative Divorce Vancouver Practice Group, North Shore Collaborative and Dispute Resolution Practice Group, International Association of Collaborative Practitioners Member of FLAG
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2024)
- The Best Lawyers in Global Business (2022)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2023)
- Lexpert ‘Litigation Lawyer to Watch’ (2016)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyer Under 40 (2015)
- Lexpert Rising Stars Winner (2015)