Peter has over 15 years experience as corporate and transactional counsel. Peter regularly advises clients in diverse industries, including senior housing (and REITs), mining, real estate, construction, capital markets, fintech, wellness, technology and biotechnology.
Peter is recognized in the Best Lawyers in Canada legal directory as a leading corporate governance, corporate, and mergers & acquisitions lawyer. He is recognized in the Canadian Lexpert Directory as a leading corporate finance and securities lawyer. He is also recognized by Lexpert as one of the leading Canadian lawyers in the global mining sector.
Peter has served as an executive, board member and advisor to numerous not-for profit and community organizations, including the Canadian Bar Association and Canadian Cancer Society.
Peter is also a past Chair of Farris’ Securities and M&A practice group meetings.
- Counsel to HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. for $115 million financing co-led by GMPSecurities and Eventus Capital Corp.
- British Columbia counsel to Revera Inc. in its joint venture partnership with AxiumInfrastructure to share ownership of Revera’s long term care homes
- Counsel to HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. for numerous acquisitions and ongoing partnership with Genesis Mining Ltd.
- Counsel to YYoga for Series B financing and multiple follow-on financings
- Counsel to Red Eagle Mining Corporation for $30 million rights offering
- Canadian regulatory and licensing counsel to SABRA Health Care Reit
- Canadian counsel to Iberdrola Energy Projects Canada
- Health Care REIT (now Welltower) and Revera Inc. in its $374.4 million joint venture acquisition of Regal Lifestyle Communities Inc.
- Significant Senior Housing financing experience acting for both borrowers and lenders in individual and portfolio transactions
- Corporate and securities advisory counsel to Sienna Senior Living
- British Columbia counsel to Invesque Inc. (formerly Mainstreet Health Investments Inc.) inits rebranding and internalization
- British Columbia counsel to Invesque Inc. (formerly Mainstreet Health Investments Inc.) for Convertible Preferred Share issuance as US$54 million financing
- Counsel to HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. for $34.5 million bought deal financing led by GMP Securities closed November, 2017
- Counsel to HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. for $30 million bought deal financing led by GMP Securities and $7 million investment by Genesis Mining Ltd. closed October, 2017
- Counsel to HIVE Blockchain Technologies Ltd. for Change of Business transaction, $16.5 million financing round and partnership with Genesis Mining Ltd. closed September 2017
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2022)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Global Mining Sector Lawyers (2020)