Robert Anderson practices as general counsel representing clients in court and in alternative dispute forums. He regularly practices in a wide variety of areas of law including class actions, corporate, commercial, securities, white collar criminal matters, media and defamation, administrative, environmental, constitutional, property assessment, municipal expropriation and criminal.
Mr. Anderson has appeared in all levels of the courts of British Columbia, the Federal Trial Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Tax Court of Canada and the Supreme Court of Canada. Mr. Anderson has both appeared before and/or conducted judicial review proceedings of decisions from a wide spectrum of statutory decision makers. Mr. Anderson has represented corporations, individuals, various levels of government and other public bodies.
Mr. Anderson practiced as Crown Counsel before he joined Farris. He has been an adjunct professor at the UBC Law School where he taught Administrative Law; he has been an instructor in the Allan McEachern Course on Trial Advocacy at the UBC Law School; he is an editor of Introducing Evidence at Trial: A British Columbia Handbook a text published by the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia; and he has been a lecturer at a variety of courses offered by the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Vancouver and Canadian Bar Associations
- Past member of the Vancouver Bar Executive
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2021)
- Chambers Canada Ranked Lawyer (2021)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2020)
- Benchmark Litigation Star (2020)
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” (Defamation and Media Law, 2017)
- Martindale-Hubbell Ranking (BV)
- Queen’s Counsel (2009)