Rob is a business lawyer who provides clients with practical and strategic legal advice. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and securities law and general corporate law.
Having advised on a variety of both public and private mergers and acquisitions, Rob has a solid foundation of knowledge in this area, including significant cross-border experience. The mergers and acquisitions Rob has worked on include asset acquisitions, share-based transactions and royalty transactions.
In the area of securities law, Rob has assisted clients with financings completed through initial public offerings, secondary offerings and private placements of various types of equity and debt securities. In addition, Rob regularly advises clients on stock exchange matters and continuous disclosure and other securities commission rules and policies. Rob also advises clients on corporate governance matters.
Rob also enjoys working with entrepreneurs while they form and grow their businesses. More specifically, Rob has assisted entrepreneurs with shareholders agreements, private financings and royalty, licensing and various other types commercial agreements.
- March 2020 – Acted for Diversified Royalty Corp. in its bought deal offering of $34.6 million of common shares.
- November 2019 – Acted for American Hotel Income Properties REIT LP in the sale of its 45 economy lodging hotels to an affiliate of Vukota Capital management for US$215.5 million.
- November 2019 – Acted for the vendor in the sale of well known British Columbia ski resort in a private transaction.
- June 2019 – Represented A&W Revenue Royalties Income Fund in a bought deal secondary offering of $69.5 million units.
- November 2018 – Represented WEQ Holdings Inc. in the sale of its equipment rentals and heat business to United Rentals of Canada, Inc. for Cdn$120 million.
- October 2018 – Acted for the vendor in the sale of its business to a large US private equity firm for an undisclosed amount.
- April 2018 – Acted for the vendor in the sale of its business to a multi-billion dollar US design-build firm for an undisclosed amount.
- January 2018 – Represented Arbutus Biopharma Corporation in its US$116 million strategic financing with Roivant Sciences Ltd.
- August 2017 – Acted for Diversified Royalty Corp. in its acquisition of the AIR MILES® trademarks from a subsidiary of Aimia Inc. for Cdn$53.75 million.
- June 2017 – Represented American Hotel Income Properties REIT LP in its bought deal offering of Cdn$200.0 million of units and US$48.9 Million of Convertible Debentures.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2022)