Sara is a student at the Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia (UBC). She has been very involved at law school, serving as an Assistant Editor of the UBC Law Review; Academic Director of the Law Students Society; a caseworker at the UBC Innocence Project; and a volunteer with Pro Bono Students Canada at the UBC branch. Sara has also been involved with the UBC Indigenous Law Students Association (ILSA) and co-founded the UBC Law Oral Advocacy Society (OAS). In her 1L summer, she enjoyed working as a summer student at the Civil Resolution Tribunal; in her 3L year, she will be serving as an executive member in OAS as a President and ILSA as a 3L representative.
Prior to law school, Sara obtained her Bachelor of Arts with distinction from UBC, completing a double major in History and English (Language and Literature).
Outside of school, Sara is passionate about local history and putting funny hats on her two cats.
- ILS Academic Leadership Certificate (development of academic & leadership ability, 2022)
- Jack Giles, QC Award in Advocacy (recognition of academics & advocacy work, 2021)
- Harold and Anne Bedner Uphill Scholarship, Law (academic achievement, 2021)
- ILS Spirit Award in Torts (dedication to fostering community & inclusivity, 2021)
- Katherine & Hugh Keenleyside Prize, History (outstanding graduate in Canadian history, 2021)
- John Alexander McDonald Scholarship (2x) (outstanding humanities double major, 2021)
- Trek Excellence Scholarship (4x) (top 10% GPA of Indigenous UBC students, 2020)