Sean is a business lawyer who provides clients with practical and strategic legal advice on a variety of business transactions and situations, including acquisitions, divestitures, financings, shareholder agreements and general corporate matters. He regularly advises companies at various stages of growth and spanning a wide range of industries including in the technology, infrastructure, manufacturing and natural resource sectors.
A key focus of Sean’s transactional experience is the purchase and sale of both public and private businesses and he has extensive experience representing both buyers and sellers in asset and share-based transactions (domestic and cross-border). He also frequently assists clients with raising capital through both public offerings and private placements of various types of equity and debt securities.
- Counsel to the special committee of the board of directors of Pure Multi-Family REIT LP in connection with its sale to an affiliate of Cortland Partners, LLC in an all-cash going private transaction
- Counsel to the vendor in the share sale of a furniture company to a Canadian based private equity fund
- Counsel to Avigilon Corporation on its sale to Motorola Solutions, Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement
- Counsel to the special committee of the board of directors of Whistler Blackcomb Holdings Inc. on its strategic combination with Vail Resorts, Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- The “Ones to Watch” Best Lawyers in Canada for 2024