Stephanie is a tax and estate planning lawyer in the Tax and Private Wealth Group at Farris. Since her call to the bar in 2004, Stephanie has practised in the areas of taxation, wealth management, and trust and estate planning. Stephanie creates tax-effective estate plans and corporate structures for families and high-net-worth individuals, including wills, estate freezes, all types of trusts and corporate reorganizations. She also assists not-for-profit and charitable organizations in respect of tax matters. Stephanie frequently works in collaboration with accountants, financial advisors, litigators and family law lawyers and has experience in cross-border planning.
Stephanie is a frequent presenter and author, a member of the Canadian Tax Foundation, the Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners, and the Canadian Bar Association’s Tax, Wills & Trusts (former Chair) and Charities & Not-For-Profits Sections, and a past director of the Association of Women in Finance. She has completed Parts I and II of the Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada In-depth Tax Course and the Minerva Foundation of British Columbia’s Women Leading the Way course. Stephanie has been selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Canada in the areas of Tax Law and Trusts & Estates.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Member of the Canadian Tax Foundation
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2024)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2023)
- Co-Chair, Forum for Senior Estates & Trusts Practitioners – 2nd Generation
- Former Chair, CBA Wills & Trusts Section
- Editorial Board Member and Chapter Co-Author, Continuing Legal Education of BC “Wealth Preservation Manual”
- Frequent author and speaker for Canadian Tax Foundation, Continuing Legal Education of BC, Pacific Business & Law Institute