Yasmin is an associate in the Advocacy & Litigation group. Her practice is a blend of commercial & civil litigation and family law disputes. Yasmin has appeared at all levels of court in BC and has experience in alternative dispute resolution through both mediation and arbitration, including international commercial arbitration. She has experience in advising individuals as well as corporate clients in a variety of commercial industries. She also has expertise involving high net worth matrimonial disputes involving corporate assets and real estate. Yasmin obtained her LLB from the University of Surrey, England in 2017, and completed the National Committee on Accreditation qualification exams in 2020. Prior to joining Farris in 2023, Yasmin practised at a full-service international firm in Vancouver, and previously at both national and boutique firms in the UK. She is a member of the South Asian Bar Association of BC.
- Appearance in the BCCA with Rose-Mary Basham, K.C., advising in relation to lease amendment letters in which the personal respondents agreed to indemnify the appellant under the lease obligations of the corporate respondent.
- Assisted in advising insurers in a CA$360m Ontario Superior Court of Justice coverage dispute arising out of the confederation line tunnel sinkhole.
- Appearance in the BCSC with Rose-Mary Basham, K.C. and Pamela Sheppard on a successful application by the respondent client requiring the court to determine the scope of the fresh determination ordered by the BCCA on matters of financial disclosure. The other’s party’s request for leave to appeal from this decision was denied.
- Second chair to Rose-Mary Basham, K.C. in a civil fraud case involving multiple parties across several jurisdictions and senior counsel in Vancouver. The case involved production of some 15,000 documents; conducting discoveries of some of the plaintiffs; preparing and attending at a lengthy mediation, including drafting of mediation briefs; interviewing witnesses and preparing witness statements for trial; drafting trial briefs; attending to settlement documents and terms of undertaking for the settlement.
- Second chair in an international commercial arbitration between rapid in-vitro medical diagnostics corporations.
- Second chair to Rose-Mary Basham, K.C. in the division of multi-million assets on marital breakup.
- South Asian Bar Association of British Columbia
- Federation of Law Societies of Canada – National Committee on Accreditation, NCA Certificate of Qualification, 2019