Yun is a partner in the litigation and family departments and a trial lawyer whose practice includes matters relating to corporate, commercial, civil, family, estate, strata and tenancy disputes. Yun has represented clients before the B.C. Securities Commission and various professional disciplinary bodies. Yun has acted for individuals, corporations, and institutional clients before all levels of court in British Columbia, the Supreme Court of Canada, and various administrative tribunals.
Yun has law degrees from Harvard Law School and the University of British Columbia, as well as a background in Psychology and Neuroscience. Yun has served as a Judicial Law Clerk to Madam Justice Newbury and Mr. Justice Lowry of the British Columbia Court of Appeal, and has worked as the Court of Appeal’s consultant to its Civil Rule Reform Project. Yun co-authors the British Columbia Annual Practice, a procedural text used broadly by the judiciary and lawyers, with Madam Justice Janice Dillon. Yun is a law lecturer at Simon Fraser University.
Yun is the legal member of the UBC Women’s and Children’s Research Ethics Board, and a member of the Allard Law School Alumni Board of Directors. She was recently profiled in the 75th Anniversary Special Edition of the Allard School of Law Alumni Magazine, which featured an Allard graduate from each of the last 6 decades. Yun is a member of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association, and a member of the Canadian Federation of Asian Lawyers. Yun is an avid runner who has competed in the Boston and Vancouver Marathons.
Yun was born in China and raised in New Zealand. Yun is fluent in Mandarin.
- Representing Nitrotin Inc. in successfully defending an application for Letters Rogatory from the District Court of Arizona (N2 Packaging Systems LLC v. Nitrotin, Inc., 2020 BCSC 1719)
- Representing Simon Fraser University in successfully seeking summary judgment to dismiss an action by a former student relating to the withdrawal of the student due to performance issues (Williams v. Simon Fraser University, 2018 BCSC 1787, upheld on appeal, 2019 BCCA 41)
- Representing Shair.com Global Digital Services Inc. in successfully seeking preservation and production orders in relation to digital currencies owned by the company (com Global Digital Services Inc. v. Arnold, 2018 BCSC 2261)
- Representing Michael Price in successfully opposing leave to appeal before the B.C. Court of Appeal relating to the Supreme Court’s order of special costs related to a finding of civil conspiracy (Price v. Robson, 2017 BCCA 419)
- “Remembering, Forgetting, Reinvention and Freedom: Social Media and Children’s Right to Be Forgotten.” 75(5) The Advocate 661 (2017)
- “A Duty of Care for Internet Service Providers.” Canadian Bar Association BarTalk (Oct, 2016)
- “Children’s Right to Be Forgotten.” Canadian Office of the Privacy Commissioner, Consultation on Online Reputation (Aug, 2016)
- “Recruiting and Engaging Indigenous Lawyers.” Canadian Bar Association BarTalk (Aug, 2016)
- “How can Lawyers Contribute Toward the Refugee Crisis?” Canadian Bar Association BarTalk (June, 2016)
- “A Call for Collaborative Law in Estate Litigation” Canadian Bar Association BarTalk (Apr, 2016)
- “Letter regarding CBABC President and the Refugee Crisis.” Canadian Bar Association BarTalk (Feb, 2016)
- with Mike Wagner, “The Right to be Forgotten.” 72(6) The Advocate 826 (2014)
- with Sally Dennis, “The Making of Wills” (Pacific Business & Law Institute: The Wills, Estates and Succession Act: Preparing for Modernization, October 29, 2013)
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Legal Board Member of the University of British Columbia Children’s and Women’s Hospital Research Ethics Board
- Member of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Member of the Allard Law School Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Member of the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (2024)
- Benchmark Litigation, 40 & Under Litigator Canada (2023)
- Benchmark Canada Litigation Future Star (2023)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyers in Canada (2023)
- Lexpert Leading Litigation Lawyers – ‘Lawyer to Watch’ (2023)
- Lexpert Leading Lawyer under 40 Rising Star (2022)
- The Best Lawyers in Global Business (2022)
- Profiled in Allard School of Law Alumni Magazine – 75th Anniversary Special Edition
- Volunteer for Access Pro Bono: Residential Tenancy Program and Mental Health Review Program
- Run training run leader