Yun has law degrees from Harvard Law School and the University of British Columbia, as well as a background in Psychology and Neuroscience.
Yun assists clients on a broad range of litigation matters, including matters relating to corporate, commercial, civil, strata, estate, matrimonial, tenancy, cryptocurrency, and trade-mark disputes. Yun also assists clients with matters before the British Columbia Securities Commission and professional disciplinary bodies. Yun has acted for parties before the Supreme Court of Canada, British Columbia Court of Appeal, British Columbia Supreme Court, British Columbia Provincial Court and various administrative tribunals.
Yun has served as a Judicial Law Clerk to Madam Justice Newbury and Mr. Justice Lowry of the British Columbia Court of Appeal, and has recently worked as the Court of Appeal’s consultant to its Civil Rule Reform Project. Yun is also a law lecturer at Simon Fraser University.
- Representing Simon Fraser University in successfully seeking summary judgement to dismiss an action by a former student relating to the withdrawal of the student due to performance issues (Williams v Simon Fraser University, 2018 BCSC 1787)
- Representing Shair.com Global Digital Services Inc. in successfully seeking preservation and production orders in relation to digital currencies owned by the company (Shair.com Global Digital Services Inc. v. Arnold, 2018 BCSC 2261)
- Representing Michael Price in successfully opposing leave to appeal before the B.C. Court of Appeal relating to the Supreme Court’s order of special costs related to a finding of civil conspiracy (Price v. Robson, 2017 BCCA 419)
- Representing Paul Oei and other corporate entities in a hearing before the B.C. Securities Commission relating to fraud allegations (Re Oei, 2017 BCSECCOM 365)
- “Remembering, Forgetting, Reinvention and Freedom: Social Media and Children’s Right to Be Forgotten.” 75(5) The Advocate 661 (2017)
- “A Duty of Care for Internet Service Providers.” Canadian Bar Association BarTalk (Oct, 2016)
- “Children’s Right to Be Forgotten.” Canadian Office of the Privacy Commissioner, Consultation on Online Reputation (Aug, 2016)
- “Recruiting and Engaging Indigenous Lawyers.” Canadian Bar Association BarTalk (Aug, 2016)
- “How can Lawyers Contribute Toward the Refugee Crisis?” Canadian Bar Association BarTalk (June, 2016)
- “A Call for Collaborative Law in Estate Litigation” Canadian Bar Association BarTalk (Apr, 2016)
- “Letter regarding CBABC President and the Refugee Crisis.” Canadian Bar Association BarTalk (Feb, 2016)
- with Mike Wagner, “The Right to be Forgotten.” 72(6) The Advocate 826 (2014)
- with Sally Dennis, “The Making of Wills” (Pacific Business & Law Institute: The Wills, Estates and Succession Act: Preparing for Modernization, October 29, 2013)
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Legal Board Member of the University of British Columbia Children’s and Women’s Hospital Research Ethics Board
- Member of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Member of the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers
- Profiled in Allard School of Law Alumni Magazine – 75th Anniversary Special Edition
- Volunteer for Access Pro Bono: Residential Tenancy Program and Mental Health Review Program
- Run training run leader