Erica is a member of the litigation group at Farris. She assists clients in a broad range of litigation matters, including administrative and regulatory matters, construction disputes, contractual disputes, estate and trust disputes, international trade matters and general civil litigation matters.
Erica has a background studying business, and she joined Farris as a summer articled student in 2010. After completing her law degree at the University of British Columbia, Erica returned to Farris to complete her articles and she became an Associate of the firm in 2012.
Erica has represented parties in a variety of matters before the British Columbia Provincial Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal, as well as before various administrative tribunals, including the Canadian International Trade Tribunal, the BC Utilities Commission, the Hospital Appeal Board.
- Represented a businessman in defending against allegations of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and misrepresentation (0932053 B.C. Ltd. v. TBM Holdco Ltd. 2018 BCSC 368 and 0932053 B.C. Ltd. v. TBM Holdco Ltd., 2018 BCSC 973.
- Represented FortisBC Inc. in its Application for a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity for Replacement of the Corra Linn Dam Spillway Gates, February 7, 2017 Link to decision.
- Represented an energy company in an arbitration proceeding involving a construction dispute.
- Represented the British Columbia potato industry in the 2010 and 2015 expiry reviews conducted by the Canadian International Trade Tribunal pursuant to the Special Import Measures Act. (CITT Case No. RR-2009-002 and CITT Case No. RR-2014-004)
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Advocate’s Club