Ryan is a corporate and commercial solicitor with a focus on real property transactions and secured financings. His practice covers a wide variety of areas, including assisting clients with debt and equity financings, real estate and business purchases and sales, and commercial negotiations.
Ryan is heavily involved in the community, having served since 2017 as the chair of the board of directors of the Dugout Drop-In Centre Society, a registered charity that has operated a drop-in centre and soup kitchen in Vancouver’s Gastown neighbourhood for over 50 years, and as a director of the Vancouver Humane Society since 2019. Ryan also volunteers on a weekly basis as an animal welfare therapist with the Vancouver branch of the B.C. SPCA. Ryan is currently on the executive of the Animal Law Section of the B.C. Branch of the Canadian Bar Association, and previously served on the executive of the Real Property Section of the B.C. Branch of the Canadian Bar Association from 2017-2019.
Ryan obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Alberta, graduating with distinction, and his undergraduate degree from Queen’s University. While attending law school, he was the recipient of numerous awards for academic achievement, including the Edward E Bishop prize in securities law, and was involved in many student legal initiatives.
Ryan is a member of each of the Canadian and British Columbia Bar Associations.
- Member of the Law Society of British Columbia
- Member of the executive of the B.C. Branch of the Canadian Bar Association’s Animal Law section
- Chair, the Dugout Drop-In Centre Society, a non-profit that provides a safe space and other outreach services for those living in Vancouver’s downtown eastside
- Director, Vancouver Humane Society
- Animal welfare therapist volunteer, B.C. SPCA